Frequently Asked Questions
NVH App and Operating System Updates:
Smartphone and Tablet operating systems are often updated several times per year. Sometimes these updates cause the NVH app to no longer function correctly. Sometimes smartphone and tablet operating system updates are not available on older smartphones and tablets. This means your smartphone or tablet may be too old, and an upgrade to a newer device is needed.
- For Apple iOS devices, the NVH app supports the latest operating system version and all the same iPhones and compatible iPads that the operating system supports. Typically this includes devices that are up to 5 to 7 years old.
- For Google Android devices, the NVH app supports the latest operating system version and all compatible smartphones and tablets that the latest operating system supports. Some Android-based smartphones and tablets do not offer operating system updates beyond what came on the device when purchased. The NVH for Android app supports older Android operating systems as long as that operating system can support the functions the app needs to function correctly. Typically this includes devices that are up to 5 to 7 years old.
To avoid this issue, please do the following before contacting us:
- Check for smartphone or tablet operating system updates and always install the latest version available for your device.
- Apple iOS device users check for updates to the NVH app on the Apple App Store and always install the latest version available.
- Google Android device users check for updates to the NVH for Android app on the Google Play Store and always install the latest version available.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: The NVH app version 4.0 freezes when saving a recording. How can this be fixed?
Answer: Please update your iPhone or iPad to iOS version 15.2 or higher. Additionally, check for updates to the NVH app on the Apple App Store.
Question: Can I install the NVH app on more than one phone/tablet?
Answer: You can install the NVH app on up to five supported Android devices logged into the same Google Play account from which the app was purchased. OR You can install the NVH app on up to five supported iOS devices logged into the same Apple iTunes account from which the app was purchased. The app does not transfer from Android to Apple; those are separate purchases.
Question: Are Android Tablets compatible with the NVH app?
Answer: Some are, and some are not. Android Tablets must have an internal GPS receiver; the NVH app must have GPS to function. Some devices do not have the internal gyroscope required for the u-joint angle finder to function.
Question: Are Apple iPads compatible with the NVH app?
Answer: Yes, but only the Wi-Fi + Cellular models have the required internal GPS receiver. A GPS receiver is required for the NVH app to function. A cellular data plan is not required. The NVH app will not work on the Wi-Fi-only models.
Question: Why is the u-joint angle finder on my older Android Phone or Tablet not working?
Answer: Some devices do not have the internal gyroscope required for the u-joint angle finder to function. There are over 13,600 different Android-based devices in existence. Some have minimal hardware and sensors; others are better equipped. Typically, less expensive devices are not as well equipped.
801-784-0397 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F Mountain Time Zone.
You may also fill out the form below.
Our Address is:
Vibrate Software, Inc.
1646 West 250 North
Layton, UT 84041-7389
Stay connected with us: