Vibration Repair StoriesDiagnose and Repair Vehicles that Nobody Else Can!
As an automotive Professor for the last 31 years, I have been involved in diagnosing vibration problems on many “can’t be fixed” vehicles. Each of these vehicles had already been “diagnosed” at repair shops or dealership service departments. Each of these vehicles has had repairs attempted, and many have had parts replaced. Some of these vehicles had even been repurchased from the customer, sold to another customer, or even donated to the school at which I teach to get them off the road. – John D. Kelly – Vibrate Software, Inc.
Several years ago I received a phone call from a service manager of a local new car/truck dealership requesting help diagnosing a vibration on a used pickup truck they had sold. Their service department had tried several things to repair the vibration, but they were unsuccessful. This truck had a manual transmission.
A few years ago a 2007 Toyota Tundra 4×4 was donated to the automotive program at the school where I teach.
Many years ago when I was a service technician at a Cadillac/Oldsmobile dealership, I occasionally worked on customer vehicles with vibration or noise concerns.
I receive a lot of questions related to what is becoming known as the “Chevy Shake” vibrations on late model Chevrolet, GMC, and Cadillac Trucks and SUV’s.
Last year I received a phone call from a gentleman who owned a classic 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 with a 6-speed manual transmission; his car had a vibration that “nobody could fix”.
Another memorable “can’t be fixed” vehicle was a new full sized Ford F-150 4X4 Truck. See how we fixed this truck.
The NVH app eliminates the guesswork in vibration diagnosis and guides you step-by-step through the entire diagnostic and repair procedure.
Another memorable “can’t be fixed” vehicle was a full-sized 2500 series Dodge Truck.
The most memorable “can’t be fixed” vehicle I have ever diagnosed was a full sized Chevrolet S
Vibrations the NVH APP will Diagnose
There are close to 300 individual vibration sources on a typical vehicle; the NVH App knows each one of them and can guide you through the entire diagnostic and repair procedures for each one of them. The following common vibration complaints can be diagnosed using the NVH app.
Common Vibration Complaints
- Vibrations that can be felt in the steering wheel
- Vibrations that can be felt on the floor of the vehicle
- Vibrations that can be felt in the dashboard of the vehicle
- Vibrations that can be felt in the Seat
- Steady vibrations
- Pulsating vibrations
- Vibrations that get worse with increased engine speed
- Vibrations that get worse with decreased vehicle speed
- Vibrations that always occur while driving
- Vibrations that occur while accelerating
- Vibrations that occur while decelerating
- Vibrations that only occurs at one vehicle speed only
- Vibrations that can be felt and heard
- Vibrations that can be felt but not heard
Supported Vehicle Types
- Car Vibrations
- Light Duty Truck Vibrations (Class 1-3)
- Medium-Duty Truck vibrations (Class 4-5)
- Heavy Duty Truck vibrations (Class 6-8)
- Trailer vibrations
- Front-Wheel Drive vibrations
- Rear Wheel Drive vibrations
- All-Wheel Drive vibrations
- Four Wheel Drive vibrations
- Crossover All Wheel Drive vibrations
- Crossover Four Wheel Drive vibrations
- Hybrid Vehicle vibrations
- Electric Vehicle vibrations
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Custom Cars
- Custom Trucks
- Hot Rods
- Specialty Vehicles
General Vibration Sources
- Gasoline Engine Vibrations
- Diesel Engine vibrations
- Compressed Natural Gas Engine vibrations
- Normal engine vibrations
- Abnormal engine vibrations
- Automatic Transmission vibrations
- Automatic Transaxle vibrations
- Manual Transmission vibrations
- Transfer Case vibrations
- Center Differential vibrations
- Driveshaft vibrations
- Driveline vibrations
- Axle vibrations
- Differential vibrations
- Electric Motor vibrations