Parallel Hybrid-Electric Vehicles
The NVH app directly supports the following Parallel Hybrid Configurations
- P0 Parallel = A hybrid system that utilizes an electric motor-generator coupled to the engine through a drive belt that can provide the function of the alternator and starter as well as hybrid functions of assist and regeneration. These systems are known as Belt-Alternator-Starter (BAS) or Integrated Starter-Generator (ISG) systems.
- P1 Parallel = A hybrid system that is connected directly to the crankshaft of the engine with some type of clutch/fluid coupling between the electric motor and the gearing. Example vehicles: Audi, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volvo, VW. These systems are known as integrated motor-generator (IMG), integrated motor assist (IMA), flywheel assist system (FAS).
- P2 Parallel = A hybrid system with one clutch/fluid coupling between the internal combustion engine (ICE) and the electric motor and a second clutch/fluid coupling between the electric motor and the gearing. Example vehicles: Ford Explorer and F-150 Hybrid, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited PHEV, Toyota Tundra Hybrid.
- P3 Parallel = A hybrid system that is connected directly to the driveshaft between the transmission and the differential/axle. Example vehicles: 2014-2016 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, Class 4-8 Trucks, BorgWarner Modular Drive.
- P4 Parallel = A hybrid system that is connected directly to the differential/axle. Example vehicles: The rear axle of a Toyota RAV4 AWD Hybrid, a Class 4-8 Truck rear axle.
THE NVH APP IS HERE!
Turn your Phone or Tablet into an all-in-one Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) diagnostic tool! Purchase our new App to use the internal sensors of your Phone or Tablet to diagnose automotive and truck vibration problems. There are close to 300 individual vibration sources on a typical vehicle; the NVH App knows each one of them and can guide you through the entire diagnostic and repair procedures for each one of them.