The following Hyundai vehicles are directly supported:
- 1994-2022 model year vehicles are included in the “Pick Your Vehicle” database of the NVH app. This includes 1037 unique vehicle profiles of the following models:
- Elantra Hybrid
- Ionic EV*
- Ionic Hybrid/PHEV
- Ionic 5 EV*
- Kona EV*
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Hybrid/PHEV
- Sonata Hybrid/PHEV
- Tucson Hybrid/PHEV
- 1994 and older model years are supported in the “Unlisted Vehicle” section of the NVH app, but require the user to provide their own gear ratios and tire size(s).
NOTICE: Electric Vehicles (EV) have fewer moving parts than a traditional Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) and transmission equipped vehicle. There is still a possibility of an EV experiencing a tire speed related vibration or an electric motor speed related vibration. The NVH app is great at detecting tire speed related vibrations, but detecting electric motor speed related vibrations has some limitations depending on the vehicle’s gear reduction gear ratio and the hardware in your phone or tablet**.
Although electric motor vibrations are very rare on vehicles, the electric motors in some electric vehicles rotate at a very high RPM at highway vehicle speeds. The ability of the NVH app to measure electric motor vibrations above 100 Hz (6000 RPM) can be limited by the iPhone hardware, not the app. Many Android phones/tablets have the ability to measure higher frequencies than 100 Hz. It is possible that electric motor vibrations will be detectable at lower vehicle speeds.
**Apple iOS devices with NVH version 4.0 or higher are electric vehicle ready. Android devices with NVH for Android version 3.3 will also be updated to 4.0 in 2022 to work with electric vehicles.
The maximum vehicle speeds for accurate iOS device electric motor speed related vibration detection is shown below.
- Ionic FWD = 59 mph (95 kph)
- Ionic 5 Front Motor AWD = 47 mph (75 kph)
- Ionic 5 Rear Motor AWD / RWD = 36 mph (58 kph)
- Kona FWD = 54 mph (87 kph)
What the app can do
The NVH app is designed to automatically detect the type of vibration your vehicle is experiencing, provided the instructions of the road test procedure are followed.
There are 14 types of vibrations the NVH app can automatically detect:
- Tire speed-related (1st, 2nd, and 3rd order vibrations)
- Driveshaft speed-related (1st, 2nd, and 3rd order vibrations)
- Engine speed-related (0.5, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th order vibrations)
- Electric Motor Speed Related (1st order vibrations)
Each type of vibration has unique causes. A vibration type is not the same thing as a vibration source. There are many possible causes (sources) for each vibration type. The NVH app includes step-by-step instructions on locating the vibration source once the app has identified the type of vibration.
What the app cannot do
- The NVH App cannot automatically tell you the source of a vibration
- Although the NVH app is excellent at identifying the type of vibration your vehicle is experiencing, you or someone else will need to follow the diagnostic steps described in the app help files to identify the exact cause or source of the vibration.
There are almost 300 possible sources of vibration concerns in today’s vehicles
THE NVH APP IS HERE!
Turn your Phone or Tablet into a Vibration diagnostic tool! Purchase our new App to use the internal sensors of your Phone or Tablet to diagnose the type of vibration your car or truck is experiencing. There are close to 300 individual vibration sources on a typical vehicle; the NVH App knows each one of them and can guide you through the entire diagnostic and repair procedures for each one of them.