We worked with Allison Transmission to develop a quick, easy-to-use, accurate vibration diagnostic tool for the entire commercial truck and automotive industry.
- Quick and easy App setup
- Easy access Start/Stop Recording button
- Set Bookmarks while on the road test to mark significant events
- Audio bookmarks are optional
- Skip to your bookmarks during playback
- Skip to each detected vibration during playback
- Email your road test to another app user
- Email a PDF report of the analysis
- Detailed PDF report of road test
- Vehicle details
- Diagnostic results
- View breakdown by vibration type
- View breakdown by vehicle speed
25 New Features and Enhancements
- Bookmarks: set bookmarks during your road test (with optional audio recording) and skip to your bookmarks during playback.
- Quick Save: start and stop new recordings immediately while on the go without naming them or viewing the analysis right away.
- HD Truck Transmissions: Pick your class 4-8 truck transmission from a list instead of manually entering all the ratios
- PDF Report: print, email, or save a new PDF report showing all the details from the analysis and more.
- Analysis Comparison: directly compare the values of two recordings to see the difference after your repairs.
- Manual Engine RPM slider in the vehicle view screen
- Improved RPM sliders on vehicle view, live graph and live data screens
- Live Information windows on the live graph and live data screens
- Ability to hide live information windows on the live graph and live data screens
- The enhanced bar graph on the live graph screen
- Saved recordings are now listed from the most recent to the least recent.
- Enable/Disable analysis of each part group.
- Disable/Enable 3rd Order Tire Speed Related vibration analysis for class 4-8 trucks.
- Custom amplitude threshold level.
- Enable/Disable bookmark audio recording and configure recording length.
- Enable/Disable quick save recordings
- Version number added to the warning screen.
- The recordings list now shows the most recent recordings at the top and shows more details.
- Playback user interface improved. Allows skipping to next/previous vibration/bookmark.
- Removed analysis graph for technical reasons (May return in a future update. Let us know if you miss it!)
- Improved user interface for the live graph and the live data screens.
- Data export now defaults to a new NVH format. CSV data export is still available for backward compatibility but does not support new features and may be removed in the future.
- Vehicle View screen now has a manual RPM slider when in manual RPM mode.
- Improved amplitude averaging algorithm.
- Access diagnostic help from totals screens
Light-Duty Trucks and Cars
The NVH app supports Class 4-8 Commercial trucks from 2001 through today (Black or Green 9-pin DLC J1939 with 250kbps and Green 9-pin DLC J1939 with 500kbps).
- Quick and easy App setup
- Pick your vehicle or vehicle type
- Save your vehicle for easy access
- Custom settings to meet your needs
Commercial Truck Users
- Select your transmission from a database of 948 models spanning over 20 years of trucks
- Enter custom parameters if needed
- Automatic diagnostics tell you the vibration type detected
- Want to see what else was vibrating? Use the Totals button
- Disable vibration types you do not want to see.
Do you have a Shaky Truck? The NVH app works great with light-duty pickups, SUVs, and passenger cars!
- Just Pick your Vehicle from a list of the top 33 vehicle manufacturers in North America and the World, enter your tire size, and you are ready to begin.
- If your vehicle is not one of the 34,520 in our database, pick Unlisted Vehicle and enter your own vehicle’s information, save it, and you are ready to begin.