NOTICE: This software is no longer being updated with new model information. We recommend the NVH App as a replacement for the Vibrate 5.1 software and an Electronic Vibration Analyzer (EVA)
Vibrate 5.1 Software for Windows XP through Windows 10
Two tools are needed to effectively use Vibrate 5.1
- An engine RPM measuring device such as one of the following:
- An engine tachometer in the automobile or truck.
- An automobile scan-tool to read engine RPM from the engine data list. There are several aftermarket and vehicle manufacturer PC USB based scan tools available for anyone to purchase.
- A vibration frequency and amplitude measuring device such as:
- The J-38792 (old number), or J-38792-A or CH-38792 Electronic Vibration Analyzer (EVA-2)**. Watch this HD video about using the EVA with Vibrate 5.1
- A Briggs & Stratton Syrometer/tachometer part number 19200.
- This tool is difficult to use and limited in it’s frequency range, but it is less than $40.00 US. It can be ordered from Briggs & Stratton. Simply turn the dial to the expected vibration frequency and wait for the wire to vibrate. If it does vibrate, you have a frequency match.
Watch this HD video about using the Syrometer with Vibrate 5.1
- Any equivalent device that will read vibration frequency and amplitude.
The following tools have been discontinued, but can be found on eBay and other online sellers of used tools.
- The 014-00344 Electronic Vibration Analyzer (EVA)*.
- The OTC OT38793 (old number) or J-38792-A Electronic Vibration Analyzer (EVA)***.
- The Bosch (Formerly Vetronix) MTS 4100 Noise, Vibration and Harshness Analyzer ****
**For more information on the Kent-Moore J-38792-A EVA,